Defy Gravity, Wow your Friends and Satisfy your Sweet Tooth with this Super-Healthy Protein Tower
Oh Mah Gawd!
When we first laid eyes on this tower, we couldn’t believe our eyes…
This beautiful creation was made by ‘pearsnpancakes’ and was featured on her insta page. I needed to share it with you.
(which we tweaked it for a protein and superfood boost)
9 Frozen Bananas
2 Cups Frozen Raspberries
1 Cup Frozen Strawberries
1 Scoop of Tao Nutrition Organic Vanilla Bean Protein
This creation has been topped with frozen raspberries, popped millet and a fancy kiwi flower.
Place all ingredients in a food processor. Add a minimal amount of water so the tower stays stacked. The mix needs to be super super thick. You can also place the tower in the freezer to give you some extra time!
Huge thanks and credit to ‘pearsnpancakes’ for creating this recipe, taking this stunning shot and sharing it on insta. We love it! x
Everyone loves a good snack.
Here are 20 healthy snack ideas that won’t sabotage all of your hard gym work, will save you time and boost your energy levels.
These healthy snack ideas are suitable for the whole family too
Hummus and carrot sticks
(Real) peanut butter and medjool dates
Grapes (fresh or frozen)
Tao Nutrition shaken with coconut water
Protein balls (and another recipe here)
Air-popped organic pop-corn
Sliced apples or oranges
Guacamole spread on a wrap
Almond milk shaken with Tao Nutrition
2 pieces of 90% cacao dark vegan chocolate
Chocolate protein fudge
I don’t know about you, but my mouth is watering right now!!
Maybeeeeee…..dont try them all in one day…hahaha
Michael and I love to pick one of these quick snack ideas for each day of the week and prep them the night before or in the morning before work.
Its such a great thing to know that you have something nutritious, easy and nutritious to snack on during the day.
What is your favourite healthy snack idea? Comment below x
We loved this image when we saw it on Blueberry Smoothies insta feed.
After trying her green protein smoothie recipe, we loved it…. and couldn’t wait to share it with you
If you love a green protein smoothie – you must to give it a try
- Large handful of baby spinach
- Half of a ripe mango (fresh or frozen)
- 1 apple (or ripe banana)
- 1 scoop of Tao Nutrition Organic Vanilla Bean (we added this for a super-food protein kick)
- Water for your ideal consistency.
- Place in your blender, blend and enjoy
- Blueberrie smoothie also added some freshly cut kiwi fruit to finish.
Enjoy with someone you love x
Love and credit to the wonderful Blueberry Smoothies for her beautiful green protein smoothie recipe and photo.
This decadent chocolate chia pudding is a healthy indulgence – at its best!
Oozing with a fluffy topping of whipped coconut cream, you can enjoy this anytime of the day! Dessert for breakfast or breakfast for dessert… Rules are made to be broken.
THIS BEAUTIFUL RECIPE IS A GUEST POST BY MOTHER, ROLLER DERBY NUT AND TAO NUTRITION AMBASSADOR SARAH
Chocolate Chia Pudding
Whilst this is ‘refined sugar free’, I did use coconut nectar. You can use any sweetener you like (or none at all). If you’re going to use stevia, I would use the liquid drops and not the granulated form.
This is vegan, raw, paleo, gluten free, ‘sugar free’ and freakin amazing!
(I would say this is two serves… But who can stop, when it’s so delicious!)
1/2 – 3/4 cup of non-dairy milk (I used rice milk, the amount depends on the container you’re making it in)
9-12 tbs of chia seeds
1 tbs of coconut nectar
2 scoops of Tao Nutrition chocolate protein powder
1 tbs raw cacao
Whipped coconut cream
1 can organic coconut cream
1 tsp coconut nectar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbs coconut oil
Put your milk in a container (make sure it has a solid, sealed lid) first. Add the chia seeds, Tao Nutrition protein, cacao and coconut nectar. Put the lid on and shake.
Pop it in the fridge over night
Put the can of coconut cream in the freezer for 30min, then scoop out the coconut cream from the top when you open it (save the water/milk… Use it in a smoothie!).
White Chocolate and Cranberry Protein Muffins
Think about, a small easy to carry and pack, protein packed snack or breakfast treat, which is delicious and not too bad in the health department!
It’s a thing; its here and I made it!
Yes! My White Chocolate and Cranberry Protein Muffins are pack with protein, and will fill you up as a quick on-the-go treat. Each mouth fill will deliver either creamy white chocolate or a punch of sweet and sour from the red jewels that stick out through the fluffy cake-y goodness!
You can easily make these gluten-free by using a good self raising gluten free flour mix. I would add a 1/4 tsp of baking powder though to help with the rising.
Also if you want to make these refined sugar-free. You can omit the white chocolate!
- 1 1/2 no egg (I used Orgran ‘No Egg’)
- 3/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Nutalex or coconut oil (soft)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 cups self raising wholemeal flour
- 1/3 cup Tao Nutrition Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 block of Sweet William Vegan white chocolate roughly cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup of cranberries
- Mix all the wet ingredients in one bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients into another.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry, don’t over work the batter.
- Add the white chocolate and cranberries.
- Cook in a pre-heated 180 dgs over for 20 min.
Yours in compassionate living,
Thank you for sharing this amazing protein muffin recipe Sarah-Louise. We LOVE it! x
Full credit and big thanks to the amazing Sarah-Louise for this recipe and pics! You can check out her blog here
Some beautiful Porridge Inspiration from our resident foodie – food blogger andrea
My delish bowl of choco oats featuring my fav Tao Nutrition choc protein powder!
“This recipe is sure to be a winner and is the perfect, comforting breakfast! To make this oatmeal, microwavable oats are used, this is because in my opinion, they’re quicker, more convenient and the oats blend in with the almond milk better. But, you can use stovetop oats and just add the same ingredients!”
– 1/2 cup of quick oats or rolled oats
– 1 cup almond milk
– 2 teaspoons Tao Nutrition choc
– 1 teaspoon Tao Nutrition vanilla
– sprinkle of cinnamon
– for the topping: any fruit, nuts or spreads you have on hand.
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl and place in microwave for two minutes.
2. Remove from microwave, stir and place in microwave for another minute or until the desired consistency is reached.
3. Enjoy! If the consistency is a bit dry, add more milk to make the texture more runny.
Thank you food blogger andrea for the Porridge Inspiration! x
You can shop on line for Tao Nutrition Choc here- enjoy! xx
This amazing Healthy Chocolate Cheesecake recipe and its beautiful images were created by the wildly talented food blogger andrea
Andrea’s Healthy Chocolate Cheesecake
For the base:
- 2 cups of walnuts
- 8 dates, deseeded
For the filling:
- 2 cups cashews
- 4 dates deseeded
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 100g of dark chocolate, melted (I used Loving Earth Raw Coconut Mylk Dark Chocolate)
- 1 + 1/4 cup of Soy Milk
For the topping (optional):
- 1/4 cup of dark chocolate, chopped into small chunks
To make the base:
1. Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend on high for a few minutes until the mixture is no longer crumbly and can stick together.
2. Place mixture into a baking tray and using your hands (or a spoon) flatten the mixture on the bottom of the baking tray to create a flat base surface.
3. Then place in fridge for at least 30 mins.
To make the filling:
4. Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend for 10-15 mins until the mixture is well combined and smooth. For a smoother texture, slowly add about ¼ of a cup of soy milk, placing a few tbs of soy milk in the food processor each time.
5. Remove the base from the fridge and place the filling mixture over the base, smoothing out the top filling layer to create a smooth surface.
7. Place in fridge for at least 2 hours.
8. Then top with dark chocolate.
Full credit and big thanks to Food Blogger Andrea for this creation!
And dont forget to check out Andrea’s blog- we think she is pretty amazing: http://foodbloggerandrea.weebly.com/
This Chocolate Oat Protein Smoothie Recipe is a guest post from the wildly talented Sarah
On my post-Festive Season recovery (I didn’t over indulge too much, but I did eat a little more gluten than what my coeliac tummy liked…) I am hitting the smoothies big time to give my digestive system a Little break!
This smoothie will fill you up, and in fact, I had it for lunch and it kept me going for the rest of the day!
Chocolate Oat Protein Smoothie Recipe
2 tbs oats
2 tsp raw cacao
1 scoop Tao Nutrition Chocolate Protein Powder
1/2 cup coconut water
1 cup coconut milk
1 1/2 bananas (Frozen)
Blend until smooth and creamy!
Yours in compassionate living,
Thank you Sarah- it looks amazing!
You can shop online for Tao Nutrition here– the best way to give your smoothies a healthy protein boost – naturally!
This delicious guest post of a Vegan Protein Pancake Recipe is by the wildly talented food blogger andrea….
For all of you chocolate lovers, this recipe is dedicated to you guys. An my oh my, these were one of the best pancakes I’ve ever made- I’m not even kidding! They were moist, delicious and so good! It kind of tasted like a chocolate cake, but so much more filling and without any of the excess sugar. This recipe uses dark chocolate which is a much healthier version of chocolate because its full of antioxidants! When you get those pancake sunday cravings, this recipe is perfect!
Vegan Protein Pancake Recipe
– ½ cup oats
– ½ cup flour
– 1 cup almond milk
– 1 scoop of Tao Nutrition organic vanilla bean
– 1 banana, mashed
– 20g dark chocolate, broken into small chunks
– 1 teaspoon of cocoa
– vegetable oil (for frying)
1. Mix all ingredients except for the vegetable oil into a bowl until it is well combined.
2. Heat oil in a pan on low heat. Place some of the pancake mixture into the pan and flip the pancake when it appears more solid and all the bubbles have popped (if you’re unsure, just use a spatula to check underneath).
3. Once the pancake is cooked, leave aside on a plate and repeat step 2 until all the pancake mixture has been used. Enjoy!
Big love, thanks and full credit to the amazing food blogger andrea for this delicious creation! You can check out more of her beautiful creations right here…
And you can find the heavenly Tao Nutrition organic vanilla bean here xx